Office of the Chief Information Security Officer
The UW Office of the CISO develops and facilitates University-wide information security policies, standards, and guidelines to manage due care and respond to changes in laws and regulations.
- Policies represent rules that are published in the UW policy directory.
- Standards explain and elaborate on the rule or policy.
- Guidelines are recommendations, advice, or procedures that help explain how University rules and polices are implemented.
UW Rules/Administrative Policy Statements
- APS 2.4 Information Security and Privacy Roles, Responsibilities, and Definitions
- APS 2.5 Information Security and Privacy Incident Management Policy
- APS 2.6 Information Security Controls and Operational Practices