The Security Advisory Board was created to advise on the strategic direction for information security at the University of Washington, and to help promote a collaborative approach and shared responsibility to secure UW data and information assets.
The intent of the board is to provide counsel on how the strategic decisions being made by the Office of the CISO affect board members’ areas of responsibility, and make recommendations related to information security at the UW in the following areas:
- Strategic planning related to information assurance
- Policies, standards, and guidelines
- Training and education
- Information and technology control processes
- Due care practices related to information security laws, regulatory obligations and contractual commitments (e.g., Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards)
- Risk assessments and management
- Incident response and management
- Information resources for technology innovation and business initiatives
The Security Advisory Board is chaired by Rebekah Skiver Thompson, Associate Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer.