Members of the UW Information Security Advocates group have a desire to learn about and promote a culture of cybersecurity throughout the UW community. We are interested in both the technical and the human-driven aspects of information technology and ways to identify and manage risks.
- Work with the Office of Information Security to develop and promote cybersecurity best practices and awareness materials
- Develop and foster relationships that allow for the two-way exchange of information that can help us reduce cybersecurity risk
- Participate in forums for the communication of cybersecurity issues to share expertise
- Collaborate in problem solving, and foster collaboration and cooperation
- InfoSec briefings are the 2nd Thursday of each month, 1:00-2:00
- Contact email@example.com for meeting notifications and location
- RSVP required for meeting participation
- Other meetings as needed
Want to join?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Advocates” in the subject line
Also see our workshops.